Re-Adding support for Windows Live Photo Gallery

Describe any features you would like to see in future versions of FastPictureViewer Professional.

Re-Adding support for Windows Live Photo Gallery

Postby ismell on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:49 am

Hello,
I was wondering if there was any plans to add support back in for Windows Live Photo Gallery ? I got tired of having to rotate my images so they would show up correctly in Windows Explorer. So I installed the coded and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks,
Raul
ismell

Re: Re-Adding support for Windows Live Photo Gallery

Postby Axel on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Unfortunately, no. There are many subtle side-effects that cannot be avoided when enabling the auto-rotating JPEG codec within Photo Gallery.

Auto-rotation did work well, though, but confused some of Photo Gallery features, like the face recognition that picked the little face thumbnails from the non-rotated image. There was also more subtle issue that annoyed some users.

The best to avoid all problems is to disable support for this partcular application, so it works as designed.

Note that the raw support provided by the FPV Codec Pack to Photo Gallery is unaffected. The only feature that was disabled is the automatic rotation of JPEG files, raws auto-rotate just as well as before.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions