Windows 8 Tab Key

Get help with installing and running FastPictureViewer: ask questions here. Please do not post presumed bug reports or suggestions here.

Windows 8 Tab Key

Postby moonwell on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:02 am

I've been using this awesome software for quite some time on Windows 7. I typically use the Tab key to advance to the next image, but am receiving this popup when hitting tab under Windows 8 64bit. I tried the latest version under Windows 7 64 bit, and tab works as expected. Any idea what's causing this? Thanks!

FastPictureView - Thumbnail View (Tab Key)
The Thumbnail View feature needs a bit more developement and has been disabled in this build...
Attachments
fpv-tab.gif
fpv-tab.gif (7.68 KiB) Viewed 26299 times
moonwell

Re: Windows 8 Tab Key

Postby Axel on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:23 pm

The message is pretty clear: the Tab ket has a new function. You can use the space bar (or the left arrow) to advance using the keyboard instead of the tab key.
Axel
Site Admin

Postby moonwell on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:19 am

Thanks for the response.

Will keyboard shortcuts by chance be customizable in a future release? Or is there at least a way to restore the old tab key functionality?
moonwell

Postby Axel on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Idon't think so. Keyboard customization adds an enourmous amount of complexity and creates more problems than it solves, starting with a flood of support issues when keys suddenly don't do what they are suposed to do. Third party utilities exists and can be used for those who really want to override keyboard commands.
Axel
Site Admin

Return to User-to-User